Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP!! Issues with printing with RoBo R1 (MatterControl, Repetier Host, Slic3r)

Posted by jedi-abe213 
I'm new to this community as well as 3D printing.

I've been using the RoBo R1 and it does as its supposed to. I've been encountering issues where matter control will use Slic3r and it seems as if it won't slice completely, A print that would take over 3 hours would finish in 4 mins and would only print half of the actual model. Ar first I would blame the r1, but then realized its the software. I first encountered it with matter control which would not print completely. It would "finish" in under 5 mins. I switched to slic3r to work with matter control and it started to complete some jobs. The problem occurred again and again and I just don't know why. I want to use Repetier host, but I don't know how to connect it to my r1. I tried to set the settings but I cant get it to connect. I am not sure how the g-code works nor how to edit the models on Reptier host. I see on tutorials that their version of repetier host has "Manual Control" while my version doesn't. I can't rotate, group or ungroup, or anything like that to the .stl files that I load to RH. Could you try to help me out to the best of your ability?

If there are other things left unclear, please let me know and I will try to clarify it.

Thanks!
Great help confused smiley
Re: HELP!! Issues with printing with RoBo R1 (MatterControl, Repetier Host, Slic3r)
June 13, 2015 10:56PM
There probably aren't many users of the Robo printers on this forum, and for some reason mattercontrol doesn't get mentioned much either. Better that people don't try and guess and possibly waste your time. I see you also posted on the Robo users forum - hopefully that will get you some answers. If not, I see Robo offers 24/7 support - seeing as you've paid your money you might as well take advantage of it!
Yeah I moved this question to the robo forums. I shouldnt have listened to my brother when he told me to post the question here. I should have realized this place had really nothing to do with robo or MC haha thanks for the reply
Technical parameters:
1, the printing technology: the accumulation of fused deposition molding (FDM)
He 3D - The Complete Open Source Delta 3D Printer Kit He 3D - The Complete Open Source Delta 3D Printer Kit
He 3D - The Complete Open Source Delta 3D Printer Kit2, physical structure, parallel arm (delta)
3, overall dimensions: height:600 mm width:320 mm length:320 mm 4, the total weight: 10 kg (including packaging)
4, external frame: imported aluminum, steel (laser precision cutting)
5, extruder:remotely and high-speed extrusion machine
6, the print head material: copper, aluminum, polyether ether ketone material forming
7, nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm (18, J - head hotend)
8, nozzle number: single nozzle
9, and the data format: STL
10, software: Repetier host
11, print range: 160 mm diameter hight 230 mm
12, power input: AC110-220 - v
13, the power supply output: DC 12 v 7 a
14,print plate: high borosilicate glass 180 mm in diameter
15, synchronous belt wheel / 16 teeth, belt GT2
16, equipped with LCD screen
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login