Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

uPrint Plus

Posted by madon108 
uPrint Plus
June 08, 2015 12:50AM
My printer sometimes puts out what I call extra hairs of material that attach to a mostly vertical walls in the build. Does any one know why and what can be done .. I recently started 4.4 Catalyst and was using 4.3 in one of my machines and am now doing a print in 4.3 to see if it is the 4.4 software problem
Re: uPrint Plus
June 08, 2015 05:59PM
Try increasing retraction. When the print head moves from one location to another it can leave a string of filament behind if the filament is not retracted enough before the move.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
June 09, 2015 12:00AM
I'm pretty sure he can't do anything with retraction... the level of software typically bundled with the uPrint is a basic 'coarse- medium -fine' layer height setting. at least thats what the sales/marketing... person... told me when I went to a sales pitch to check it out. I don't know if there is much to do other than call your local Stratasys service company and tell them to fix it.
June 24, 2015 02:38PM
Hopefully I'm not spamming this thread, but I'm just wondering if anyone has an ISO for the uPrint hard drive. I have a chance to buy one, but the hard drive is wiped for data security.
July 02, 2015 06:27PM
Your tip wipe assembly (the small wire brush and silicone rubber wiper) that's found in the back left of the printer chamber is probably either worn out (replace it by lifiting it up and dropping in a new one) or needs to be raised up slightly to get a better wipe on the tip (loosen the screws for the wiper mount, raise up slightly, tighten).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login