Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

unaligned prints

Posted by Nito 
unaligned prints
June 02, 2015 07:51PM
Hello,

Sometimes in some prints, I get unaligned objects ..(some pictures attached)

especially when they have small areas to fill, and printer is somehow faster to fill the area ...
already tried to reduce the speed of the infill in slicer but without sucess sad smiley ...
i Already have calibrated the printer twice ....

any idea?

can someone help me please?
thanks

Nito
Re: unaligned prints
June 03, 2015 12:39AM
You need to clarify what you mean with "calibrated" it looks like you have several problems with your prints. Z wobbling?, loosen belts?, underpowered stepper?, inter layer adhesion problems, wrong temperature?, wrong layer height for nozzle size?. One thing is having the steps per mm right and a whole different one is having the printer ready for printing.

Can you post your slicer settings, you are reducing infill speed, but what about all the other factors?
June 03, 2015 05:10AM
hi,

First of all, thanks for the quick reply.
In attached are the slicer configuration files that i'm using...

I'm letting other objects printed, that i think it come out pretty well..

If I had problems with belts and the like would be able to print some kind of objects correctly?

best regards,
Nito
Attachments:
open | download - SLICER_config.ini (3.1 KB)
open | download - SLICER_Slic3r_config_bundle.ini (10.3 KB)
June 04, 2015 07:17PM
Hello,

Another try, and another horrible result sad smiley

June 05, 2015 01:13PM
I have recently had the same issue, and i (may) have tracked it to underpowered steppers.
Have you tried adjusting this?

- I can confirm that increasing the stepper current fixed my issue.

My issue was also only when there were more elements being printed. (Meaning there was some travel distance)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 02:29PM by Kafledelius.
June 05, 2015 04:14PM
Underpowered steppers would cause them to skip if the belts are tight.
Loose belts will cause skipping if the steppers are powered correctly, and more importantly, over powered.

Not all of your "good" pics are "good"

I see bad layers. I would check the whole thing for anything that moves in a way that it shouldn't.

Does the bed move side to side when you push on a corner?
Does the X carriage move or wiggle at all?
Are your X motor mount and idler parts secured on the Z threaded rod nuts? No movement there? I didn't see anything major with your Z but it's hard to tell...
June 05, 2015 04:22PM

So, the attached file... some comments.

I'm sure there's others that can see or propose the solutions.. I see layers that are not joined together, and lines that are not joined, where they should be. Suspecting under extrusion or improper extruder e-steps... additionally the layers don't look even. loose parts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2015 04:22PM by thetazzbot.
June 06, 2015 11:40AM
Hi,
First of all thanks for the tips and suggestions.

i just Finished increase the power to the Y's motor axis and the result is as follows:

to the left the object before increasing the power and the right after the power increase.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2015 12:59PM by Nito.
June 06, 2015 11:48AM
thetazzbot
[attachment 56026 hotEndSupport_1.jpg]

So, the attached file... some comments.

I'm sure there's others that can see or propose the solutions.. I see layers that are not joined together, and lines that are not joined, where they should be. Suspecting under extrusion or improper extruder e-steps... additionally the layers don't look even. loose parts?

Indeed the object is composed of two parts ..
being the top is just resting on top of the object.
you can verify that two objects are put in the picture that immediately thereafter.

However can you help me figure out what you intended to say with the message of the lower right corner? "Unless this is infill (AKA the solid top) than you have"

Nito
[attachment 55851 hotEndSupport_1.jpg]
[attachment 55852 hotEndSupport_2.jpg]

thanks
June 06, 2015 11:50AM
I am currently printing another object to see if the problem is solved ...

If you detect any failure or something wrong in the objects, please indicate...

thank you
and sorry for my bad english. ( not my first language)
June 08, 2015 12:21AM
I was expecting the lines on the top layer to represent more of a solid surface but what I'm seeing in your picture are unconnected lines.

something similar to the attached i suppose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2015 12:22AM by thetazzbot.
June 08, 2015 01:06AM
so that last object you printed looks like an x axis part, is that from thingiverse?

Give me your settings and I'll print it and let's compare. I'm curious to see if we see the same results.

I'm printing one from a rework set I have. Speed: 45mm/s, 3mm layer, 35% infill, 230 deg hotend. 90 deg bed. Says it will take 55 minutes.. I'll upload a pick when its done.

edit: ok i printed half that part. I goofed and forgot to enable supports, so it didnt finish the top. also, I started at 230 degrees seem to be too cool when it tried to bridge.

but what i wanted to point out is the layer and the edge to show the consistency you can achieve with this Prusa i3 printer. I feel like I still have improvements to make. But it's definitely come a long way since I first finished the build.

Cheers,
mark

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2015 02:24AM by thetazzbot.
June 08, 2015 02:26AM
PS

this image looks good, the one on the right just shows some Z axis issue that I think is the whole X carriage thing is able to move slightly up and down, the nuts that go inside the plastic parts are loose. The ones that connect to the Z rods...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2015 02:26AM by thetazzbot.
June 08, 2015 05:21AM
Hi,

in attacth are the STL files that im printing.

and the file that i have post the last picture is the ejex_derecha_antibackslash_spideyV1.0.1.stl

i was printig at
HotEnd - 220ºC
Bed - 60ºC

In those prints, I detected that the filament coil was too compressed and appeared to be poorly wrapped. And it seemed that whenever filamente was pulled that made any kind of effort.
this last printing I eventually unfold most of the wire to see if also helped.
I think that the filamente be a bit stuck may affect the layers.

Thanks

Best Regards
Nito
Attachments:
open | download - ejex_derecha_antibackslash_spideyV1.0.1.stl (55.1 KB)
open | download - ejex_izq_antibackslash_spideyV1.1.1.stl (166.3 KB)
June 09, 2015 12:15AM
Yeah is this PLA?

If it's ABS, I might bump the temps up to 240. That's my standard temp for abs. For PLA it might be ok. Overall i think the last change you made was a good one. Those filament roles can be a pain.

Oh, man. I just saw in your slicer config you are running at 100% infill. that's wholly unnecessary. Back that down to 30% for your structural parts and maybe even 20% for the rest. But truthfully, I usually print at 30% for printer parts.

hmm. in one config, slic3r_config.ini, it is 100% infill, the other says 50%

also, you might want to check some of these:

nozzle_diameter = 0.4
first layer height = .35
layer height = .35

some others have written that first layer height should not be more than 80% of normal layer height. I forget what the logic is, but after reading that i changed mine and the first layer does indeed look better and doesn't obstruct the next layer which it used to, and cause skip because too much material.
June 09, 2015 01:58AM
I made a short video of my printer printing your part.

It was printing too slow so at some point I decided to increase speed to 150%. I also adjusted flow, which was a mistake because it made it a little wider. So I backed it down to 100%.

I have some delamination issues as I didn't bother with putting the enclosure on (my enclosure is a plastic tote tub winking smiley

Thetazzbot printing a part (video)
June 09, 2015 05:32AM
Good morning
The reason for the differences between indicated in the image and the file has to do with the various attempts to try printing the piece correctly: p

Yes im using PLA from BQ.
FNAC - PLA 1.75

thetazzbot, thanks for all the help, i will try to reduce infil to 30% and git it another try smiling smiley Once the piece is complete will share the result smiling smiley
June 09, 2015 10:11PM
Looking forward to your results!
June 10, 2015 04:57PM
hello,

other try in video now : [youtu.be]
June 10, 2015 06:54PM
Looking good.
June 12, 2015 05:33AM
hello,

start to print the ejex_derecha_antibackslash_spideyV1.0.1.stl again..

Part1 : Part 1
Part2 : Part 2 - Final

Best Regards
Nito
June 15, 2015 05:10AM
Good Morning,

After a few prints, and assuming that everything was better ... by the time I print a play in which this needs a lot of move the axle of y's ..... the problem repeats itself .... angry smiley

during a printing, I put the hand in the belt that moves the axis of y's and feel like this despite stretched, made a false move ... I thought, to slightly adjust the screws that hold the pulley to the shaft axis. but when i put the key in the hole... I realize that misses a screw .... was fallen on top of the motor .....

after i put the screw, and start printing again..... It works perfectly...

all this, all this time and fight because of a tiny screw that was leaving me crazy !!!!!

It may help someone in the future to first look at the basic situations .... or cases ever imagined

But I must thank the assistance provided....

Best Regards
Nito
June 15, 2015 01:39PM
I think that any of us can truthfully say that is we got paid evertime we took off looking for a deep, complex problem, and in the end found it was something simple like this, well, let's just say a fair number of us would be quite wealthy!

Glad you got it figured out! Have fun!

- Tim
June 16, 2015 04:43AM
Well, what kind of help would I be if I suggested that you had a screw loose smiling smiley hahaha
June 16, 2015 10:17AM
tadawson
I think that any of us can truthfully say that is we got paid evertime we took off looking for a deep, complex problem, and in the end found it was something simple like this, well, let's just say a fair number of us would be quite wealthy!

+1! We've all been there!
June 17, 2015 10:53AM
Hi everyone..

A new print with.... some speed....... just for testing

Print fast... just for test
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login