Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 x-axis slip - but then not

Posted by mikey1248 
Prusa i3 x-axis slip - but then not
May 26, 2015 02:31PM
Hi All. So I have a very strange issue that I cannot understand. I have spent a lot of time getting my i3 to print just right, and mostly it prints with what I would call outstanding quality (see the good print image). But occasionally errors get introduced to the print randomly and for no particular reason. What is strange is my x-axis appears to drift, and then it comes back to where it should be and continues on....how can this be? I have had slipping belts before, but it never "corrects itself", this has to be a problem with the software, sli3er...I can't explain it (see print error picture). Nothing is loose, the belt is nicely tensioned (with tensioning springs), the voltages of the stepper correctly set (I have to push with considerable force to stop the x-axis carriage - approx 0.6v). Heat sinks on the drivers, and a fan. Nothing even gets slightly warm...so not over driving it, for certain. Can anyone provide some idea what this could be because i am a total loss, especially since it then corrects itself and carries on, slips again, corrects itself, etc.
Attachments:
open | download - good prints.PNG (459.6 KB)
open | download - print error.PNG (582.9 KB)
Re: Prusa i3 x-axis slip - but then not
May 29, 2015 01:57PM
Well, I see problems in the good print too. You should disassemble your x axis and check the bearings to see if they travel smoothly. Before you do that disconnect the belt from the x carriage and see if it travels smoothly.

Also check for play. Hold the x carriage and try to twist it against the rods like ledt to right.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login