Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Please give more details in subject when you post here.

Posted by tmorris9 
Please give more details in subject when you post here.
May 23, 2015 08:11PM
This entire section is for problems with printing so when you put a subject name as "problem with printing" it' redundant and give no clue as to your issue. Try to at least describe the problem a little in the subject name so that people that are familiar with the issue will click into your post and help. Many times I will just ignore posts that don't give a clue as to what help is needed.

Don't know what to write? Well here are a few possibilities:

Extruder jamming on Prusa I3

Blobs in certain spots on Taz 4

Cracks in ABS even with chamber

PLA not sticking to bed

Quality bad with wavy lines.

Anything that gives a clue as to what is inside your main post with greatly increase your chances of getting answers. And while we are at it, how about telling us (in the main post) what machine you have, what material you print, what temps and speed you use, and any other pertinent info that may be important. Every printer is different and types of filament act different so it's important that you provide as much information as possible in your main post so people trying to help you don't have to ask (and they will), it just slows down the whole process of getting you help when we have to guess what you are doing.

Thank you.
Re: Please give more details in subject when you post here.
May 24, 2015 03:57AM
Well said!

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 26, 2015 01:44AM
Hear hear!

Even worse: "please help!"

2 more thoughts:

1) Maybe this is just my personal preference, but photos embedded in the post are so much easier than having to navigate/tab back and forth to see them. To do this, you can select the cryptic "Include link in post" (or something like that) next to a picture after it's uploaded.

2) If you're going to include your Configuration.h, please attach it as a file rather than pasting the whole long thing into your message. I'm begging you. winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2015 02:21AM by CraigMoberg.
May 27, 2015 12:42AM
Maybe we can get a list together and make it a sticky... Not that anyone will pay attention.
May 28, 2015 09:01AM
the stickys are literally the first post people will skip
June 27, 2015 08:19PM
Bump
June 28, 2015 10:39PM
Yep... the saying is "the devil is in the details"

Letting people know more information than "my prints suck" is FABULOUS when people are trying to help you improve.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login