Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printing with Bronzefill

Posted by widespreaddeadhead 
Printing with Bronzefill
May 19, 2015 10:09AM
What are everyone's experiences? Even if I print the same file twice, the prints are never quite the same, at 0.2mm I can get solid top fill but too much ooze, at o.1mm I can't get solid top fill but the details are better, and the ooze is minimized. Also I've noticed the gears in the extruder have a hard time pulling the filament from the roll, meaning I have to almost babysit the whole print. Printing on a Prusa i3 @ 220C and on a 60C bed. There is a thread on solifoum in which someone has gotten some great results and I'm following that right now. Retraction settings seem to be key, but this stuff oozes like you wouldn't believe!
Re: Printing with Bronzefill
May 19, 2015 12:12PM
Since it's PLA-based, your temperatures are at the high end of what would typically be used, which would exacerbate the ooze issue.
May 19, 2015 12:32PM
I started at 180C but that was too low, but ooze still present. Recommended settings are from 190C-230C. Most are having good results at around 220C, with the oozing being a known effect of bronzefill. The weight of the filament makes it hard for my direct drive extruder to pull it in from the spool holder, so a lot of times I have to baby sit and pull a length a filament from the roll.

This is the 5 pages thread I followed and have been using as a jumping point. [www.soliforum.com] But there are a lot of videos on youtube also, although most of those are for finishing techniques.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2015 01:18PM by widespreaddeadhead.
May 28, 2015 03:07PM
After several less than perfect prints I decided to print a new extruder to replace my original direct drive one. I've been running some glow in the dark PLA through with great results after running the tube all the way up to the extruder. Having an issue with threads not being the correct width, but I'm going to try using a better spring and I think that will work.

Still interested in everyone else's experiences with Bronzefill and please share photos and settings!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login