Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

pla not bonding to other layers ?

Posted by Nikki81 
pla not bonding to other layers ?
May 10, 2015 05:35AM
Just done my first print and the layers are not sticking together it is like there just layers of string. I have checked my extrude length and nozzle hight from the bed I am printing at 205c hotend and 70c heated bed

Thanks Nikki
Re: pla not bonding to other layers ?
May 10, 2015 05:57AM
Several possibilities, including:

- Extruder not calibrated or incorrectly calibrated, and you are under-extruding

- Incorrect thermistor parameters set in your configuration file, so the temperature is lower than you think

- Excessive print cooling for the print speed you are using. Try printing slower or with less print cooling (NB print cooling is separate from hot end cooling - many types of hot end require permanent cooling from a fan).

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
May 10, 2015 06:06AM
Thanks Ill check my extruder setting again can you recommend any settings for 1.75 pla in slicer ?

Thanks Nikki
May 10, 2015 06:10PM
I have been tweaking my settings all day and I am not able to get it to stop it getting blobs and strings everywhere

May 10, 2015 08:02PM
I think this is 2 different issues but I want to make sure I understand correctly.

In your first photo was that a flat print (orientation) of just a few layers or is that a tall single wall (with the edge on the bed)?

I will assume for now it is a flat print of a few layers. If so then you are not extruding enough plastic or the nozzle (Z axis is too high). If it's sticking to the bed fine then it's likely the extrusion is off a bit. Adjust the extrusion multiplier up a bit (default is "1" set it to say "1.1 or 1.2"). Then test again.

As for stringing, that is normally an issue with "retraction" either it's off or set too low. A good starting point is to set it to 2mm or 3mm and see how that works for you.
May 11, 2015 05:23AM
The first photo is the side of the lcd case. I think I've found the problem looking at my firmware there is no setting for reaction how do I go about updating the firmware without losing my settings ?

Thanks Nikki
May 11, 2015 06:44AM
Feeling a bit stupid now am not very good with numbers and not sure if i have worked out the steps per mm correctly

the measured steps per mm in marlin 430

measured 50mm

extruded 30mm

measured 21.87

after calculating it i think it is working out at 589 steps per mm is that correct ?

Thanks Nikki
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login