Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Problem with Z steper motor and Z rod brace ,need advice

Posted by Darathy 
Problem with Z steper motor and Z rod brace ,need advice
May 05, 2015 04:06PM
so today i decided to use auto bed levling to check if my bed is still flat as last time ,and noticed that both points at Bed equation points [60.0, 0.0, -0.409] [60.0, 180.0, -0.517] are off by ~ 0.5mm ,which is to me strange that those 2 are probably the hardest to change by so much , while looking at the Z arm i noticed that the brace that holds the z motor and the Z Smooth Rod in place is cracked!

This would couse the Bed to be off by that much? or atleast make the X-Arm sag down that much.

AND i have found the couse of it sad smiley

I was using These:

[www.thingiverse.com]

They were working so great , printer was so quiet only thing i could hear was the fan on the hotend. Kinda sad that i wont be able to use them anymore sad smiley. if someone got any idea of a better design let me know please smiling smiley
The one that comes under the Z motor was probably taking too much of a strain on the brace becouse it was not designed to carry the weight of the printer.
I also notice that the foot is a bit bent at the bottom of the Z profile so will have to print thatone too.

But to the Advice part:

Will i have to disassemble most of the printer to fix this part? or can i just unscrew it and replace and hope nothing shifts?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2015 04:19PM by Darathy.
Re: Problem with Z steper motor and Z rod brace ,need advice
May 05, 2015 04:18PM
OOPS! i posted this in wrong forum sad smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login