Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First Print, need suggestions for improvement!

Posted by Kdubb 
First Print, need suggestions for improvement!
April 26, 2015 06:42AM
I have attached a picture of my very first "complete" print. the bottom is a little wavy because I was dialing my extruder temp (ended up at 210C for PLA) and the top I suppose because I didn't use supports? Overall pretty happy with it, going to spend tomorrow tweaking. One thing though, I am using marlin with my custom settings because the firmware that shipped with my MKS board was crap. I calculated my Zsteps to be 1600 using the Prusa calculator, but measuring the actual movement I arrived at 400. Now I have checked my jumper settings on the board, and it appears to be set for 16x microstep just like the X and Y axis, so I'm a little confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2015 06:45AM by Kdubb.
Re: First Print, need suggestions for improvement!
April 26, 2015 08:48AM
Are you using an 8mm leadscrew? If so, it probably has 2mm pitch and 4 starts. If you put 2mm into the calculator you get 1600, but the 4x starts gives an actual lead of 8mm, hence the 4x factor in your measured result.
Re: First Print, need suggestions for improvement!
April 26, 2015 07:24PM
That was my best guess as well, because yes I using 8mm leadscrew. Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login