Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prints not adhering to bed anymore

Posted by justashaw 
Prints not adhering to bed anymore
April 19, 2015 02:03AM
So When I first got my printer, things were printing well enough. Printing on just plain kapton tape. But now the prints aren't adhering to the bed any more.

I run an Ormerod 2, printing PLA on a heated bed at 56C, with plain kapton tape. Completely cleaned off with acetone too.

I've read plenty of things people swear by for better adhesion (glue stick, hair spray, etc), but wanted to hear others thoughts since it was adhering just fine before...
Re: Prints not adhering to bed anymore
April 19, 2015 03:02AM
If was working for you before, just put a new coat of Kapton tape and calibrate the nozzle distance at whatever was before.

For me is plain glass and purple stick glue.
April 19, 2015 03:36AM
On my Ormerod, I print PLA on plain glass at 65C indicated bed temperature. The glass is washed initially in hot soapy water, dried with paper towel, and wiped with vinegar before each print. This works well with esun PLA, but not with some other brands. Whatever you print on, it's important to use a slow first layer speed and have the nozzle height set accurately at the start of the print.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
April 19, 2015 07:54AM
The Kapton tape on my printer lasts for months and only requires replacement when it gets damaged by too vigorous attempts to remove prints from the bed.

Make sure you use a clean rag when you wipe the bed with acetone and check your leveling/zeroing.
April 19, 2015 02:59PM
welp.... removed the kapton and turning the bed up to 65 seems to have done the trick........ tis the life of printing....

suppose I'll just save the rest of this kapton roll for the next print that only wants to adhere to it instead of the glass >.<
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login