Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

layer problems near holes

Posted by wes1007 
layer problems near holes
April 18, 2015 02:16PM
Hi guys. Been Haviga few issues with regards to holes. Layers near a through hole seen to stick in a little more than over areas. I thought it may be a problem with filamment oozing since I didn't have retract set up at first. I have now set up a retract of 1mm and I no longer have any stringing yet the problem still exists.

I'm on a p3steel with a Bowden setup and a wades extruder.

Any help would be muchly appreciated
Re: layer problems near holes
April 19, 2015 12:25AM
That's not sticking in a little more...That looks like an entire perimeter, sometimes two.

If you're printing external perimeters first, I'd say you're not getting extrusion back promptly after your retractions. That could be because heat is creeping up into the heat break during the retraction and increasing resistance to the extrusion. Do you have a hot end fan installed and is it running? Is this PLA?
Re: layer problems near holes
April 19, 2015 03:18AM
2 perimeters if I remember correctly. I'm running ABS on my system and at 250. I have a 40mm fan running on the hotend.

Even without retraction I'm getting same results just with lots more stringing. I'll try printing with more perimeters as a test and I'll make sure that its printing the interior ones first

I'm using cura ATM because of the nice GUI but I am making the switch to slic3r soon as it does have some more options to play with.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2015 03:23AM by wes1007.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login