Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

layer problem

Posted by Darathy 
layer problem
April 16, 2015 05:35PM
hi , i have a slight problem with my prints. There apear to be gaps along the layers like bubbles or something happen ,the ones on the picture are big examples of it but cant there are smaller "holes or gaps" that you can not see all along the layers.

could this be a nozzle problem or is it the fillaments foult?

Print settings:

Hotend:185C
hotbed: 65C
Layer hight: 0.25
30mm/s print speed

i am printing on my Ormerod 2.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2015 05:38PM by Darathy.
Re: layer problem
April 16, 2015 06:02PM
I've never had this problem before, but it looks like maybe the layers aren't adhering to the previous layer properly. Perhaps turning up your heat would help, I usually run PLA at 195, and I used to print at 200~205.
April 17, 2015 05:41PM
I have tried with 195 ,seems a bit better ,but still see meny inperfections in the layers ,on my erlierst prints i never had this happening , could some damage to the nozzle tip be the couse of this? I have been using a knife to ocasionaly remove some fillament that was left there... wish i could take a better picture but my phone just doesnt make that good pictures up close...
April 29, 2015 03:52PM
I figured out the problem ,the fillament was too saturated with moisture. Putting the fillament in oven at 50C for 3hours seems to have fixed the problem.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login