Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

can someone help me regarding my layer problem?

Posted by wendychai80 
can someone help me regarding my layer problem?
April 08, 2015 05:43AM
Hello worldsmileys with beer

What this problem called and why is that happen on some of my layer and how do i fix this?

[imgur.com]

[imgur.com]

[imgur.com]
Re: can someone help me regarding my layer problem?
April 08, 2015 12:19PM
Belts too loose, z wobble? Acceleration settings, stepper underpowered. Just to name a few possibilities.
April 09, 2015 12:33AM
thanks for reply, i think i already fix the wobble problem with this setup z anti wobble cause now the wobble only happened on every each corner when i print a calibration box, Why wobble only happened on the corner only this time?

For the layer gap problem i think i already fix the problem cause i try print 2 Y-Corner for i3 rework there no more gap, i just increase my print temperature +5 cause i forget it new filament but there still wobble on each corner, what setting should i adjust this time?

//// MOVEMENT SETTINGS
#define NUM_AXIS 4 // The axis order in all axis related arrays is X, Y, Z, E
#define HOMING_FEEDRATE {50*60, 50*60, 4*60, 0} // set the homing speeds (mm/min)

// default settings

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {99,99,2579,102.750697832} // default steps per unit for Ultimaker
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {200, 200, 5, 45} // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {2000,2000,50,1000} // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for Skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 2000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 2000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts

// Offset of the extruders (uncomment if using more than one and relying on firmware to position when changing).
// The offset has to be X=0, Y=0 for the extruder 0 hotend (default extruder).
// For the other hotends it is their distance from the extruder 0 hotend.
// #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X {0.0, 20.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the X axis
// #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y {0.0, 5.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the Y axis

// The speed change that does not require acceleration (i.e. the software might assume it can be done instantaneously)
#define DEFAULT_XYJERK 10.0 // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK 0.4 // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_EJERK 5.0 // (mm/sec)
April 09, 2015 07:03PM
I don't think is related to Z wobbling but to retraction settings. Pay attention and see if those corners are where your extruder start and stop on each layer, if this assumption is correct you can increase your retraction to prevent that from happening. There is other options that you can use with the slicer to control that like wipe or coasting.
April 09, 2015 11:23PM
Thank you, will report back later if retraction setting will fix the problem
April 11, 2015 02:24AM
So just to report back my progress
Thanks ggherbaz, playing with retraction value seems reduce the wobble on each corner.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login