Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EEPROM keeps resetting itself

Posted by Hypnofrogs 
EEPROM keeps resetting itself
April 08, 2015 02:17AM
My E is set and works fine but my X Y and Z seem to reset themselves when i change and save them into the repetierhost EEPROM editor, whats going on with this? its supper frustrating to get the printer calibrated to a decent degree to print and it starts doing that again.

I'm scared to actually load marlin from arduino onto my board with the settings because there looks to be a lot of settings to mess up in it and I'm not 100% sure on how that process works.
Re: EEPROM keeps resetting itself
April 08, 2015 01:03PM
Not sure how it works with Repetier, though I am wondering if the values are just stored in RAM rather than saved permanently to EEPROM. I am personally using Marlin right now, so this might not work for you, but after reloading firmware, I do an M502 to load values from the firmware followed by an M500 to save the settings to EEPROM. Then, after running calibrations, adjusting bed height, etc..., I do another M500 to save the values I changed.
April 09, 2015 01:05AM
M502 returns nothing but a, "Yes". I have started editing marlin directly but I am now getting weird errors while trying to compile.

April 09, 2015 08:33PM
Marlin should compile out of the box (with no changes). -- Verify that it does, before you modify anything. -- If it does not compile, try updating your Arduino suite. -- Tom has a guide on setting up Marlin from scratch that I found helpful.

Also, with Marlin, EEPROM is disabled by default -- so, as soon as you reset the controller, your changes will be lost.

An alternate course of action if you really can't figure the firmware stuff out:
If you can figure out the GCODES (or MCODES or whatever) for updating the "EEPROM" values (in Repetier host, you can view the commands that get sent, but you have to be quick), you could make a GCODE script that you just run before every print that sets the correct values for all your custom settings -- even if it's only stored in ram until the next reboot, it will work. It's an awful hack, but it might be less frustrating / more repeatable for you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2015 08:34PM by BrainSlugs83.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login