Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Issues with Printing gregs wade extruder? (with pictures)

Posted by kasperfish 
Issues with Printing gregs wade extruder? (with pictures)
April 02, 2015 10:11AM
Hi all,

I'm trying to print an extruder for my next printer build. I'm using the following STL file

link to the extruder on thingiverse

I want to print at 0.3mm layer height but I have problems with the support block and the bridging for closing the bearing slot (see picture). I sliced with slic3r and normally I can bridge great distances. I killed the print because it didn't seem right...

Do I need to print this part with 0.2mm layer height? Or do I need to enable support material in Slic3r. I prefer to ask this because my spool of blue PLA is almost finished and still need to print the extruder with the same color.

EDIT: now I realise that these "issues" may be part of the cleanup but I do not know for sure since I never printed this extruder. So if you ever printed the body of a wades type extruder please report if this stringing is normal or not.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2015 10:44AM by kasperfish.
Re: Issues with Printing gregs wade extruder? (with pictures)
April 02, 2015 12:07PM
Well it seems that if I slice the extruder @0.3mm layers then there is no bridging between the support block and the main body. Also the bearing hole does not get bridged over. I sliced @0.2mm and now it seems right. I will start a new print with 0.2 layers. This is a lesson for the future.... I need to check the slicing before starting a print!

Update:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2015 01:03PM by kasperfish.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login