Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer interrupts and then continous printing (video)

Posted by kasperfish 
Printer interrupts and then continous printing (video)
March 30, 2015 05:53AM
Hello,

I'm getting great prints however it happens that the printer stops completely and then continous. It never occurs in the beginning of a print. My stepperdrivers are not warm. I think the printer is "hanging" approximately on the same spot(s). I'm using repetier host v1.0.6 and Marlin firmware. I'm slicing with Slic3r 1.1.7.

video 1
[youtu.be]

video 2
[youtu.be]

Any help more then welcome.

ps1: if the printer is not hanging I have no issues and the prints are perfect

more pics:
[www.facebook.com]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 06:43AM by kasperfish.
Re: Printer interrupts and then continous printing (video)
March 30, 2015 06:07AM
This typically means that the USB link cannot keep up with the speed of the printer when printing a lot of very short segments, e.g. to make a large circle. It is a common problem with controllers that use a serial-to-USB controller (e.g. Arduino Mega based controllers) instead of a native USB port, because there is no intrinsic flow control on the serial link, so the host typically waits for each gcode it sends to be acknowledged before sending another one. You can either print more slowly, or print from SD card instead.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
March 30, 2015 06:14AM
Thank you!!! I was thinking about a bad serial connection or a broken usb cable. I'll try printing from SD card because printing slower is not an option... (the print in the video already takes almost 2 hours)

cheers and happy printing!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2015 06:44AM by kasperfish.
April 06, 2015 12:15AM
My printer hangs if my PC does something CPU intensive. Even switching between the manual control and preview tabs tends to make it stutter if it is a large print being viewed. I know it isn't the PC because it has way more horsepower than necessary. It is my personal gaming rig that does the printing. Is your printer using a USB hub? if so, make sure to plug it directly into the PC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login