Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PrinterBot Y-axis mis-stepping. Need Help

Posted by NoobyReper 
PrinterBot Y-axis mis-stepping. Need Help
March 29, 2015 04:24PM
Printer-bot prints have some serous Y-axis stepping isus. The included photos show an attempted print of a 30x30x30mm cube.

[imgur.com]

X-axis seams to be vary reliably strati but the Y-axis seams to progressively wonder, this happened with both slicer and curia. Y-axis driver is set at around 1.47vdc (max of 1.726vdc)
I've tried adjusting the driver voltage but it dos-int seam to have to much of an effect on the outcome.

I'm currently using Rpetier, slicer or cura. Printer board version is Rev-D

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Re: PrinterBot Y-axis mis-stepping. Need Help
March 29, 2015 07:22PM
This may be a friction/binding problem. First contact Printrbot and let them know of the problem. This may be a known issue and they may have a fix.

Since the entire Y-Carriage with smooth rods is balanced on a relatively short base, it may be tilting.
Make sure the bearings are straight and the bearing holders are tightened firm.
There may be an extra tab on a piece of wood keeping a bearing crooked.
March 29, 2015 07:36PM
All the bearings seam to be repetitively smooth and level (considering the wood construction). iv seen problems like this on the printer bot forum but nothing to this degree. thanks

bin doing more test ant the stepper motor appears to be getting increasingly bad, as it seam to struggle to move the bed even thou it previously had vary little trouble.

going to remove the motor and run further tests.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2015 08:02PM by NoobyReper.
March 29, 2015 09:01PM
im now fairly sure the board is at fault as ive swapped the motors around and the problem is persisting, the rest of the motors are now also acting up so maby i just got a bad board?
any thoughts?
March 29, 2015 11:14PM
Do your drivers feel hot? Maybe add a fan pointing to the board?
March 30, 2015 01:02AM
no everything feels fairly cool, cant be more then 40c.
March 30, 2015 01:03PM
I sliced something last night and today it was doing a small shift on my x-axis. I was able to catch it early though. I turned everything off and restarted Pronterface then unplugged and plugged the end stops. It may have been the end stops.
March 30, 2015 08:47PM
I think you are right about the end stops. I changed my mounding and wiring around, and the problem seams to be better. I have to run a test but my initial impression is that the board was getting falls reads due to electronic nose(or something simpler)

Thanks, I'll update you soon.
March 30, 2015 11:04PM
I fixed the issue. it turns out the cause of the problem was electronic nose interfering with the end stop connections.
thanks for all the help
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login