Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Odd printing problem

Posted by Rich K. 
Odd printing problem
March 25, 2015 08:24PM
I am in the process of printing out 25 bases for replica WD-11 vacuum tubes, in black ABS. I am using an E3D-V6, 3mm filament, 0.4mm nozzle, direct feed, nozzle temp 235, bed temp 110. It is a LONG print - I started it at 4:45 AM and I believe it will finish about 11:30 PM, When I got home from work, I noticed that the bases, which are about 9mm thick on the bottoms, are rather bumpy, but once the thinner walls start to build up things start to smooth out. I did not have this issue printing them one at a time with a J-head Mk. V-BV:

What would cause this, and how can I prevent it?

Also, another thing I have noticed since switching to the E3D is when it prints it leaves "ridges" in the surface of the print, I'm not sure it's a flow issue, since reducing the flow to even 99% makes it look like it isn't flowing enough. Could my lines be overlapping too much? Right now the overlap is set at 15% in both Slic3r and Cura (the only slicers I have ever had any luck with, and of the two I prefer Slic3r). THese bases, BTW, were sliced with Cura since Slic3r's auto-repair turns them into solid cylinders.

EDIT: The 15% overlap is infill-to-perimeter only (I re-checked my settings).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2015 09:14PM by Rich K..
Re: Odd printing problem
March 25, 2015 09:44PM
too much infill to perimeter overlap.

Option 1: increase the number of perimeters, shell or whatever name it have in the slicer.
Option 2: go down to 5% in the overlap.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login