Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calibration issue

Posted by kjetilhansen 
Calibration issue
March 23, 2015 06:23PM
I printed out an 20x20 calibrating cube and I got a lot of warping and not an good result. I did not use a fan on this print (the 3 first pictures are without a fan).

Side

Bottom

This next photo I used a fan, the bottom 3 layers (before the fan turned on) is 20mm. The other layers (with fan and before the part loosened from the bed from the cooling fan) is 21mm.

Any suggestion how to fix?

I am using a makergear prusa mendel with sprinter firmware...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2015 06:24PM by kjetilhansen.
Re: Calibration issue
March 23, 2015 07:37PM
Looking at the bottom layer, see the gaps between the extrusion lines? They shouldn't be there. This might indicate that your nozzle is too high on the first layer, meaning the plastic hasn't been smooshed down far enough into the bed to stick. I'd also make sure my e-steps per mm is calibrated correctly and that my extrusion width and layer height settings are correct. [reprap.org]

For further diagnosis, please let us know whether you're using PLA or ABS and whether you have a heated bed.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
Re: Calibration issue
March 24, 2015 11:57AM
are you using a glass bed? if the corners are peeling off the glass bed, perhaps try adding a raft in your slicer, and as 3dkarma said, it looks like your Z axis was homed a little bit too high.

If you're on a glass bed, make sure they are both very hot for the first layer. I do 70C and 220C, which is maybe overkill, but everything sticks great. I put down the first layer 0.35mm high and 1.0mm wide, while every other layer is 0.2mm high and 0.5mm wide. Thicker and wider first layer strokes adhere better.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login