Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kossel 250VS Cannot get smooth layers

Posted by prjoe 
Kossel 250VS Cannot get smooth layers
March 22, 2015 01:00AM
Hello all,

New to this great hobby, but it's turning not so fun anymore. I'm printing 1.75 PLA on .35 nossle There's no way I can get my Kossel to print smooth layers. My first 2 0r 3 prints were nice and smooth. Then I really don't know what I did but started to loose quality, to the point where my prints have sorts of ridges on the sides (I've attached pictures for refference) I've :

The printer was auto-leveled with FSR's to a .01 precision.
Changed temperature,
Changed slicer
Changed Speed
Changed the perimeter % for the slice
Re-torqued all the frame screws
Bed doesn't seem to move
The mag arms have no play
The belts are tight (Not that stretched either)
It's very strange my first print were acceptable, but the rest ae just worthless.

I honestly don't know what else to look for, I've changed so many things that I don't remember the settings had that worked.
Any ideas what to look for will be appreciated.

Regards.
Attachments:
open | download - 20150321_233747.jpg (80.6 KB)
open | download - 20150321_233225.jpg (107.6 KB)
Re: Kossel 250VS Cannot get smooth layers
March 24, 2015 12:56PM
"I honestly don't know what else to look for, I've changed so many things that I don't remember the settings had that worked.
Any ideas what to look for will be appreciated."

Lol story of my life.

Maybe do an extruder steps calibration?

Print at 195-200C depending on your room temperature, .5mm wide .2mm high.

Could try changing as many of the slicer settings as possible back to their defaults.

In Slic3r there's the ablility to save your settings, so when I have something that works I'll save it as something like "v1.0 (stable)", then as I experiment, I'll save it as v1.01 or whatever and leave my stable version untouched as a backup. I do the same for EEPROM settings, and have both backed up on another computer so I don't lose them.
Re: Kossel 250VS Cannot get smooth layers
March 25, 2015 09:48PM
Looks like your flow rate's off. Try lowering it. Are the parts dimensionally accurate?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login