Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Weird stepper issues

Posted by TnTd 
Weird stepper issues
March 14, 2015 06:41AM
Hi,
I recently bought my first 3D-printer but can't get it to run confused smiley I'm using pronterface to controll the printer and when I move one of the axes 0.1 it seems to work, but the length the axis move is inconsistant. When i try to move it further (10 or 100) the motor makes a wierd noise and won't move at all. I'm very new to 3D-printing and would love if someone could help me. Thanks in advance grinning smiley
Re: Weird stepper issues
March 14, 2015 09:50AM
Try adjusting the motor current (usually a tiny pot on the motor driver board) and/or reduce the speed and/or acceleration settings in the firmware.
March 14, 2015 10:31AM
I have tried adjusting the motor current with little luck. Where in the firmware can I reduce the speed/acc?
March 14, 2015 10:52AM
If your machine runs Marlin firmware on an Arduino, the variables are in the config.h file or configadv.h (I don't have it in front of me and forget which it is). If you're using a board that runs smoothieware all the variables are all in the config.txt file on the uSD card.
March 14, 2015 11:05AM
Yes I am running Marlin, but where in the configuration.h are the speed settings? Am I supposed to adjust the #define XY_Travel_Speed? (it is currently at 8000 mm/min)
March 14, 2015 01:54PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login