Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New build printbhead issues

Posted by [email protected] 
New build printbhead issues
March 09, 2015 02:08PM
Hi I have just finished building my prusa i3 from Greg colbourn. I am running through calibrations and I have been trying to test the extuder. I am using pronterface. Right I loaded the filement(3mm green ABS) locked it in with the screw spring things (not to tight), I heated the head up to 230c and the clicked extrude 60mm. I got about 40mm and then it dropped to a slither.and tried again to produce another 60mm and it doesn't want to come out. Everything is fine with the stepper, hobbed bolt all going right way and not binding, I tried pushing on the filliment manually and it help a little bit still a very slow supply. I then tried ramping up the temp in increments all the way to 260 with no luck. I then got my infared thermometer out and pointed it at the head and it said it was at around 190c, now this was when I was near 250c on the comp. Which do I trust.
Re: New build printbhead issues
March 09, 2015 04:21PM
Do you have sufficient cooling for the body of your hotend? The tip should be hot, but if the shaft gets too hot, the filament inside will warp and you won't be able to push it through, not even manually.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2015 04:21PM by kre8.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login