Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Curved parts

Posted by hanex 
Curved parts
March 06, 2015 07:25PM
Hello,

I just bought my first 3d-printer kit (prusa i3). But I have problems like in attachment picture? curved lines? I have used PLA 1.75mm with several different temperature options, but always the same result...What could cause this?
Attachments:
open | download - Part1.JPG (38.4 KB)
Re: Curved parts
March 06, 2015 09:39PM
That is warping. The print is not sticking to the bed and comes loose as the plastic cools and shrinks.

You don't mention what exactly you are printing on but either you need to change (bare glass is not good) or maybe adjust the Z end stop down a tiny bit. There are tons of posts mentioning various things people like to use on the bed for adhesion ranging from blue painters tape to hairspray or purple glue stick. Just do a search.
March 06, 2015 09:50PM
Now I have been using blue painters tape and also heating bed to 65 and 60 for another layers. Part sticks to tape very hard, but maybe I should investigate it more and clean the ped before adding tape? but maybe my tape is not so good quality....
March 07, 2015 12:36AM
At 65 you may be over glass transition for your PLA, which would be counterproductive. How warm is the room? Are you giving the part some time to cool before you remove it from the bed? Are you sure it's PLA?
March 07, 2015 06:29AM
IMBoring25
Are you sure it's PLA?

Same thing I wondered. I've never seen PLA warp this bad.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
March 07, 2015 02:25PM
It should be PLA smiling smiley. Now I am trying it with hairspray. First test was so bad that I had to cancel it.
March 07, 2015 08:13PM
I have been using Aqua Net on bare glass with my ABS prints. Works like a dream. Best $2.50 I've spent on my 3D printer so far!
March 07, 2015 10:34PM
Well maybe I got it somehow to stick in bed, but it is weird that middle of part edges are still shrinked...
March 08, 2015 03:23AM
At what temperature do you print the first layer? The first layers seems very glossy and more "melted" than the rest of the layers.

Oh, and don't use your heated bed when using hairspray.......won't work, same for the blue tape.
March 11, 2015 01:31PM
Either sand the tape, or print on glass with a thin layer of gluestick. I can print ABS at 50 degrees without warp
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login