Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin v1.0.2 Y-axis offset issue

Posted by snoekel 
Marlin v1.0.2 Y-axis offset issue
March 05, 2015 02:26PM
Hi there,

First post here, printing for about 1 year now with my Mendel90 (sturdy)

After installing the latest Marlin firmware (1.0.2) all my prints have offset in the y direction, somewhere between 0.1 and 1mm, not a steady pattern.
When I swap electronics (controller and stepper) the problem stays in the y direction.Also checked pulley and timing belt, both are ok and no slip.

Once I upload the old version (1.0.0 RC2) the problem is gone and all my prints are ok so it must be related to the firmware.

Any suggestion?

Patrick
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20150305_204330.jpg (52.3 KB)
open | download - IMG_20150305_204342.jpg (49.2 KB)
Re: Marlin v1.0.2 Y-axis offset issue
March 05, 2015 06:12PM
Might be worth checking that the steps per mm, max speed and acceleration settins in configuration.h are the same for both versions.

[3DKarma.com] - suppliers of quality, affordable 3D printer kits and filament for the UK market.
March 06, 2015 02:11AM
Steps per mm, max speed,. jerk and acceleration settings in configuration.h are identical in both version.
This is why it is so strange to me, I don't see why it should not work. But tried again my old firmware and no problem at al printing........
March 08, 2015 03:19AM
Hmmm.....not solved yet but found something interesting. It seems that it only goes wrong with solid parts.
If I print a single wall piece it comes out perfect!

Played around with the current of the stepper and re-checked all the settings but still no go....and once I replace the firmware for the older version the problem is gone.....
January 15, 2017 04:49AM
Ho letto che il motore dell'extruder dovrebbe andare al passo di 1/16.Mi chiedo è cosi impostato da firmware o devo farlo io sull'Hardware del DV4988 driver stepper, perchè nel cominciare a lavorare il motore si ferma e non scoglie il PLA.Ripeto ho controllato le istruzioni su Geetech prusa i3 pro e ho pulito l'ugello.Cosa mi resta da fare?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login