Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

stepper motor is not working right need help finding replacement

Posted by imjeffd1988 
stepper motor is not working right need help finding replacement
March 03, 2015 08:39PM
i have a printrbot simple 2014 the y axes has stopped working properly it jerks i have switched it with the x axes just to be sure but it still does not step right its an kysan1124103 its 42mm wide and 42mm tall and 32mm deep with a 5mm shaft but i don't know the voltage or the amps and when i search it i can't find anything this stepper motor looks like it would work it's 12v and .4 amps seem to be the same size what do you guys think... thank you
Re: stepper motor is not working right need help finding replacement
March 04, 2015 04:02AM
I suggest you first find out what is wrong with the motor. Check the windings with a multimeter. If one of them is open circuit, this may be caused by a detached wire at one of the terminals. If the windings are ok but the stepper motor won't turn freely by hand when not energised, this may be caused by debris inside the motor, which you can remove if you dismantle the motor.

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
Re: stepper motor is not working right need help finding replacement
March 04, 2015 06:10AM
Also 12V 0.4A motors are not suitable for RepRap printers with a 12V PSU. You want lower voltage higher current motors, e.g 2.8V 1.7A.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login