Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Automatic Hole Filled (want to remain the hole)

Posted by kukubird15 
Automatic Hole Filled (want to remain the hole)
March 02, 2015 06:32PM
I want to print a turbine blade with its body withandole at the center of the body for shaft installation. However, the hole is automatically filled when the blades are printed. (If i create a model just with the body and the hole, without the blades, no problem, the hole remains)

Please do help. Thanks
Re: Automatic Hole Filled (want to remain the hole)
March 02, 2015 07:33PM
kukubird15
I want to print a turbine blade with its body withandole at the center of the body for shaft installation. However, the hole is automatically filled when the blades are printed. (If i create a model just with the body and the hole, without the blades, no problem, the hole remains)

Please do help. Thanks

Hi kukubird, welcome on the forums.

Please keep in mind, we are not psychic, could you please explain what software you are using? I would guess it's OpenSCAD?

Could you share your file? Explain in greater detail what seems to be going wrong?

It is impossible to help you with the little information that is presented at the time of writing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2015 07:34PM by Ohmarinus.

http://www.marinusdebeer.nl/
March 02, 2015 08:26PM
Hi apologize for my incompetency.

I have modelled it In solidworks and also sketchup,and use replicatorg to generate gcode. Both have same problem

I could not provide stl file now as i am away from computer, but i will provide the taken photo of the printed model.

As can be seen in the photo, before the blade is printed (just the body), there is still a hole there.however, when the blade is started to print, the hole is covered. End up with a shallow hole as shown.
Attachments:
open | download - received_10153185394693729-1.jpg (36.9 KB)
March 03, 2015 04:06AM
Maybe a stupid question, but, can't you just drill out the hole? That way you get a way nicer hole that trying to get a perfectly printed one.

It would be great if you can share the gcode here, An the STL, that way I can check whats going wrong.

March 03, 2015 06:51AM
Was thinking to do so too but lack of the tools.

Attached here are the STL and gcode files.

Thank you. Hope this issue can be solved.
Attachments:
open | download - blade_turbine_stl.zip (252.7 KB)
open | download - blade_turbine_gcode.zip (529.7 KB)
March 03, 2015 09:31AM
In your GCODE I see the hole is 16 layers deep from the bottom.

In the STL the hole is about 20mm high, correct?

I'm not familiar with your slicer, but it might be your stl has te be repaired. You can try the Netfab upload service for that:
[netfabb.azurewebsites.net]

March 03, 2015 09:46AM
Yes, just 16 layer deep from the bottom and will be covered after that.

In my stl, the hole is 8mm height.

I am using Replicatorg, skeinforge for slicing.
March 03, 2015 10:55AM
Your blades are higher than your base. This means you are printing with support. Your hole is filling with support material. You can try adjusting your support settings and see what works. Or you can cut off the bottom and print flat without supports. If you need the bottom piece, you can try printing it separate and glue it to the bottom.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login