Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

test cube corner problem

Posted by likeabosch 
test cube corner problem
March 01, 2015 04:42AM
I have been printing ok for some time now on a Prusa i3 8" from Makerfarm. In the past week the printer started to slowely print worse and worse, eventually i decided to take my time and go through and retighten/overhaul the whole thing with oil, ,and do some test prints. Since then i cannot seem to get a test cube to print with the cornersanywhere near a nice 90 degree angle. There is always a divet notched into them. It is not curling up and turning brown or anything there is jsut a noticeable divet that for the life of me i cannot figure out. I am also getting a sort of loud rattling noise in the x axis at certain speeds which i believe may be the bearings inside or something to do with the motor (as the sound only persists when the motor is running not when i manually push it). If anyone has had this problem or knows a possible solution/idea let me know.

I have attached 2 test prints: the finished cube was at 225 hotend and 110 bed and printing at a low speed, while the small unfinished one was printing at a high speed and same temps. The small one has a finer print on the walls, but the corner problem is far more pronounced while the finished cube has a rougher side and less pronounced corner divet, so the problem seems to get worse the faster the hotend moves.

I'll continue scanning the forums in hopes of a similar problem. Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2015 04:42AM by likeabosch.
Attachments:
open | download - IMAG0336.jpg (494.8 KB)
open | download - IMAG0337.jpg (531 KB)
Re: test cube corner problem
March 01, 2015 05:19PM
Lower your bed temp to 85. Much higher and the part squeezes inward near the bottom.
March 22, 2015 11:38AM
I have the same problem just started after hundreds of good prints. Mine is just the right rear corner seems to get botched for the first 10 layers or so then its fine after that. I have upgraded to new Chrome rods better bearings and tighten things up allot and the printer sounds better things move more smoothly but the prints still getting botched on corners. I will try lowering the bed temp some as mentioned here and see if that help. If anyone else finds why please reply.
March 23, 2015 12:40AM
Change your aceleration values! This improved my prints by a massive amount, and it fixes those "echo" ripples seen on flat sections. Try this print: [www.thingiverse.com] bring them down by factors of 10 first. IE: 5000 to 500 ect.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login