Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Buildup/overflow behind nozzle/hotend

Posted by Gooseday 
Buildup/overflow behind nozzle/hotend
February 27, 2015 01:05AM
Okay so I am running into a bit of trouble and am hoping someone can shed some light on my issue here. What i'm running into is it appears that there may be a leak in my hot end (wouldn't surprise me, bought an Aworldnet A600 and this is my first build. The hotend was prebuilt so I didn't even think to double check it...) I have uploaded some pictures to my dropbox (link below) for reference. This "buildup" I believe is the culprit behind burnt clumps of plastic running off of the nozzle and into my prints. I know I should consider buying a better nozzle/hotend but I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a temporary fix in the meantime... I am more than comfortable with tearing my extruder apart to do anything necessary to the nozzle/hotend. I am thinking that I need to take it apart and do a rebuild of the hotend but are there any other suggestions?

If you look at the picture of my extruder closely you will notice a large blob of plastic behind the heating element. This is my biggest concern.

As for a little background on my printer:

Prusa I3 based Aworldnet A600,
Printing with PLA (translucent red from this Ebay listing)
Printing temp: varied from 190C to 215C
.4mm nozzle (unknown brand, same for hotend)

Hotend W/buildup
Print with runoff from nozzle
Re: Buildup/overflow behind nozzle/hotend
February 27, 2015 01:44PM
wrap some Teflon tape on the treads and screw it back together.
February 27, 2015 02:21PM
Thanks for the idea but im worried about putting Teflon tape in such a hot location. I am going to try a couple of things when I get off work tonight, ive got all weekend.
February 27, 2015 09:38PM
Thank you so much for that advice cat.farmer works wonders from what I can tell so far, took care of my string problem too. thumbs up
February 28, 2015 10:12PM
Good to hear...happy printing!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login