Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Conductive material

Posted by 5ander 
Conductive material
February 24, 2015 09:08AM
Hello,
my name is Sander and i am doing a master's thesis about 3d printing with conductive material.
I upgraded an ultimaker original with a heated bed and dual extrusion (3mm and 1.75mm) to print a combination of the conductive material and other material.
The conductive material i am using is from esun (http://www.esun3d.net/cpxx.aspx?id=171&TypeId=15).
I am using repetier firmware because this gave me the option to use different steps/mm for each extruder.
Recently i tried to extrude it in comination with XT but the results are poor.. I have alot of warping with the conductive material. (check out: [plus.google.com])
Anybody here that has some experience with printing with conductive materials?
All tips are welcome..
Thanx!
VDX
Re: Conductive material
February 24, 2015 09:48AM
... I used paste-dispensers for a semifluid mixture of silverflakes in polyimide to 'draw' conductive traces.

Dispensing of pastes could be easier to apply than extruding FDM-material ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
February 24, 2015 11:30AM
VDX
... I used paste-dispensers for a semifluid mixture of silverflakes in polyimide to 'draw' conductive traces.

Thank you for your reply.
do you have some more info/pictures of this?
February 24, 2015 11:44AM
Looks like you have a basic problem with bed adhesion. Are you able to print not conductive materials flat?

I printed some PLA with carbon black in it and it printed pretty much the same as PLA.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
VDX
February 24, 2015 04:05PM
5ander
VDX

Thank you for your reply.
do you have some more info/pictures of this?

... here, in the last image are two small paste-dispensers (filled with soldering paste) - [reprap.org]

Couldn't make images of the parts, as they were developed under NDA's, but here is a part (full image would be under NDA too) of a sensor-module - first silkscreen-printed with gold-paste on ceramic, then fired, equipped with sensor and contacting wires, covered with gold-filled brazing paste and last fused with a DIY-lasermodule to solidify the brazing paste:
[www.reprap.org]

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login