Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folger Tech Prusa i3 printing problem

Posted by Danarchy 
Folger Tech Prusa i3 printing problem
February 12, 2015 08:56PM
I went to do my first test print (10mm cube) and the printer did not respond at all like I expected. I have my end stops set up as follows: X=right side, Y=front right, Z=bottom. The way I understand it, this would make the back right side of the bed 0,0,0. I have the end stops plugged into the proper "min" pins (as per Folger instructions) and everything homes to the right rear of the bed. When I attempted to print the test cube, (Repetier 6, Slic3r) the extruder moves to the far left front of the bed, then the X & Y axes stop moving and the Z axis moves as if it's raising layer by layer. Where have I gone wrong? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Re: Folger Tech Prusa i3 printing problem
February 12, 2015 09:36PM
Please post your Configuration.h and I'll take a look. smiling smiley

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
February 12, 2015 09:42PM
Configuration.h file attached. Thanks for looking!
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (16 KB)
February 12, 2015 09:57PM
When you home to the right rear, having the X and Y end stops set as negative end stops, the printer thinks that it is at the left front of the bed, and will not move further.

You'll need to disconnect the end stops from the X-min and Y-min positions on the RAMPS board and move them each up one space to X-max and Y-max. (Z-min is okay where it is)

This will make your mechanical settings agree with the software (Slic3r, etc.) and not reverse your parts or confuse the mechanical limits of your printer.

Then, change these lines in Configuration.h:

// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
#define X_HOME_DIR -1
#define Y_HOME_DIR -1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

to

// ENDSTOP SETTINGS:
// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
#define X_HOME_DIR 1
#define Y_HOME_DIR 1
#define Z_HOME_DIR -1

This should home to the same right/rear position...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2015 09:58PM by MindRealm.

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
February 17, 2015 10:28AM
Hi I have the same problem and was wondering where the Configuration.h: file was. Thanks
February 17, 2015 11:16AM
Grimes_1999
Hi I have the same problem and was wondering where the Configuration.h: file was. Thanks

The file is where ever you placed it, try searching for it on your computer.
If you don't have it you can probably download it from github or somewhere else.
Be sure you download the correct firmware for you printer / hardware.

To edit the file you can use any text editor you like. It is best to use an that can highlight syntax.
If you are running windows take a look at notepad++, on linux gedit is fine.

To upload the firmware to your board you will need arduino. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
Be sure to select the right kind of board and usb connection.
Arduino can also be used to edit the configuration file.
February 17, 2015 12:15PM
Thanks for the reply smiling smiley. So i changed the settings on the configuration file and now what do I need to do with it. I set up arduino from the folger tech instructions and I'm using repetier Host at the moment for a test piece but I have the same problem as Danarchy.
February 17, 2015 12:41PM
ok so I changed the configuration h file and now when i go to print it stays at the home position instead of going to the far left of the bed but the x and y axis stop moving and the z axis just moves up after every layer but its not putting down anything. On repetier host it shows the x and y axis moving. Any ideas on what i should do? smiling smiley
March 17, 2015 11:23PM
Hi Grimes 1999,
I have the same problem!! Have you got the solution??
I have been searching on the web for more, but havenĀ“t got any clue.

Thanks.
January 23, 2016 10:34PM
David,

Can you clarify what you mean by "You'll need to disconnect the end stops from the X-min and Y-min positions on the RAMPS board and move them each up one space to X-max and Y-max"?

How does one know which positions are which?

Thank you!
Grant
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login