Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Refining - still a few bugs - any ideas?

Posted by Phototoxin 
Refining - still a few bugs - any ideas?
January 24, 2015 01:05PM
I've tensioned up my X-axis although I'm still having this odd shift irregularly in my prints.

I'm guessing that the hot end should be fixed vertically/perpendicular to the print surface - at the moment it wobbles a little when moving - if that is not supposed to be there any ideas on how I tighten it?

I'm using a prusa i3 with an E3D hot end, 3mm and running PLA at 185 on a 60C glass bed with a coating of 1:5 PVA glue+water.
Attachments:
open | download - knightss.jpg (200.3 KB)
open | download - bulba.jpg (66.7 KB)
Re: Refining - still a few bugs - any ideas?
January 24, 2015 04:08PM
This looks like Z wobble and is caused buy the threaded rods being imperfect, not straight, threads not exact.... Just do a search for Z wobble fix.
January 24, 2015 09:22PM
I also think I could be z wobble. what size threaded rods do you have on your z axis? when I first make my Prusa I put 5/16 rods it give me that effect changed them for 3/16 and everything been better ever since.
January 25, 2015 07:15AM
I believe that they are M6 rods. I will have a search for it.
January 25, 2015 07:59AM
I have head wobble on mine (when it snags)
Try wrapping ptfe tape around the section of the nozzle to tighten up the mount.
January 25, 2015 08:01PM
OK I printed out 2 forks and put an extra nut about 3/4 up the shaft to help absorb the shock. Toning down the speed a little helped too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login