Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bowden settings?

Posted by JP 
JP
Bowden settings?
January 21, 2015 10:56AM
Could someone with a similar setup please provide me with their Marlin settings to get me into the ballpark.

My setup initially was a standard Prusa I3 (P3Steel frame) with a Wade\Buda extruder.

The prints were a little iffy due to me stripping a few teeth on the hobbed bolt when I tried to drill out the Wade feed hole a little as I was sure the ABS was dragging there.

Anyway I have a few Bolts on order from China! Yeah I know that will teach me to look at listing locations before hitting buy it now.

So I am now left with a Bowden feeder and all metal Bowden hot end to play with.
I have got it to the stage where I can print with it by looking at others Marlin settings but I have no real idea as to what I should be doing.
The parts that I am printing are dry and gritty and very brittle, It also looks like its putting to much material down (little peaks here and there) and then not enough (slight gaps between outer face lines).

Nozzle 0.4
Layer Height:- 0.2
Hotend Temp:- 235
Heatbed Temp:- 110

Please see attached image (Parts have been acetone bathed).

Theses are the parts I have (3mm filament):-

[www.aliexpress.com]

[www.aliexpress.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2015 11:34AM by JP.
Attachments:
open | download - 20150121_154519.jpg (577.8 KB)
Re: Bowden settings?
January 27, 2015 02:32PM
Did you recalibrate the extruder steps per mm? Its the one where you mark a point 120mm from your extruder and then extrude 100mm of filament before remeasuring to find out how much you are off by.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login