Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Had to Position Model off Virtual Print Bed for G Code --WTF?

Posted by TorchRed77Vette 
Had to Position Model off Virtual Print Bed for G Code --WTF?
January 20, 2015 06:16PM
Hey everyone...trying to finish my first build: Folger Tech Prusa i3....Build went well and now trying to do my first print. Using latest Repetier and Slic3r software. Every time I tried to slice the model with the model located in the middle of the virtual (on screen) build plate, the G code generated would make the model off the plate in turn making the printer go to the far corner and just make a glop.....checked all my settings and everything appears to correct. The only way I was able to get the model to print on the build plate was to position the stl off the build plate and slice it: gave me a warning that the model was off the printer area, but it generated G code that placed it near the center. What am I missing here?
Re: Had to Position Model off Virtual Print Bed for G Code --WTF?
January 20, 2015 09:22PM
I have the same printer! Please attach your configuration.h file so I can take a look. Also, make sure your printer bed (and nozzle/filament sizes) are set up in Slic3r.

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
January 20, 2015 09:36PM
I found moving the " Bed left" and "Bed front" in the printer options in repetier will move it, but not exact by any means, its works fine for small footprint....would like it to be more precise for larger builds. The config file is what folger provided....its attached. Thanks for taking a look
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (16 KB)
January 20, 2015 10:08PM
Give this one a shot... I noted my changes in the header of the file.

-David

Find me online at:
Thingiverse
Instructables.com
LinkedIn
Facebook

Check out my FolgerTech Prusa i3 (plexi) at MindRealm.net
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (16.2 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login