Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

First Print = Nothing [Ormerod 2]

Posted by c0rtex 
First Print = Nothing [Ormerod 2]
January 09, 2015 04:56AM
As far as I can tell everything is set up correctly. Everything is homed, bed alignment is fine. Temperature good. Extrusion is good. Connection is good. Firmware up to date, etc...

As soon as I begin a print, the axes move around for a second, then stop, (same spot). No extrusion. The dialog indicates 64/300k lines printed. The print time goes up from 3 hours forever. It just hangs doing nothing. I have no clue where to even begin looking for an explanation. The GUI freezes up after I cancel it. The web interface keeps monitoring the temperature but that is all.

Tried communicating over serial, no response. So I imagine the Duet is just hanging.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2015 05:13AM by c0rtex.
Re: First Print = Nothing [Ormerod 2]
January 09, 2015 06:00AM
Atleast you have tried communicating over cereal
[cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com]
January 09, 2015 06:02AM
Perhaps you could post your g.code file and someone can test the slice and print job from our working printers.

What slicer are you using? it might be an unconfigged slicing program.

i use Slic3r and it is really easy, you just need to config properly according the specifications of your printer.
January 09, 2015 07:24AM
pushthatbolder
Atleast you have tried communicating over cereal

Only at breakfeast time!

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
January 09, 2015 01:55PM
pushthatbolder
Perhaps you could post your g.code file and someone can test the slice and print job from our working printers.

What slicer are you using? it might be an unconfigged slicing program.

i use Slic3r and it is really easy, you just need to config properly according the specifications of your printer.

I'm just printing the orthogonal test piece. Should already be sliced right? Just load the g.code into the interface. See attached. I'm just at a bit of a loss here.

EDIT: Wait a minute, when I try to go for the slicer settings, I am getting an error, that Slic3r directory not found. Maybe I'm misunderstanding this.
EDIT: directory problems fixed but don't see any solution
EDIT: It couldn't have to do with temperature could it? I set it to 200, but it never quite gets there. Hits around 195 usually.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2015 02:36PM by c0rtex.
Attachments:
open | download - printer.png (288.7 KB)
open | download - Screenshot from 2015-01-09 14:27:05.png (422.1 KB)
January 29, 2015 09:51PM
make sure your firmware start up temp is the same as the print temp on the host program...
my printer in its early days hung for 5 minutes, untill it was the right temp, then started

if you set it at 200 and only gets to 195, you will never get the process started, try with a lower temp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2015 09:55PM by pushthatbolder.
January 30, 2015 09:51AM
Do you have a heated bed? And if yes, what's the temp?

Try also to set you extruder at 190, maby its only because it cant reach the temp.
January 30, 2015 10:03AM
Hey guys, I forgot to update this thread with what was going on for the future people. It was so simple...
The power supply was set to 220V, here in US,its 110V. I realized this when I wasn't drawing a full 12V. So the problem was that I wasn't getting enough power, the extruder was just never getting quite hot enough, and the print job kept hanging as a result.

I wasted a great deal of time banging my head on my desk. All I had to do was flip a switch.
January 30, 2015 10:24AM
Lol, dont know if i should cry or laugh.. But anyways, nice its solved.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login