Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Calibration cube not printcorrectly

Posted by fluke175 
Calibration cube not printcorrectly
January 08, 2015 05:16PM
Hi all this is my first post i am totally new to the world of 3d printing and have just finished assembling my prusa i3 printer unfortunately when ever i print the test cube it is not printing correctly and im not sure what is causing this or how i go about correcting the problem.I have tried printing the cube several times and get the same result every time, three out of the four corners do not get formed correctly. It is the same three sides every time so i am assuming that something is not set up correctly. I have calibrated my extruded so that i get the correct amount of filament out but this does not seem to have any affect on the out come. If anyone could take a look at the attached photos and tell me what is going wrong and how to correct it i would be really grateful

many Thanks Andrew
Attachments:
open | download - Optimized-20150107_073556.jpg (405.9 KB)
open | download - Optimized-20150107_073508.jpg (507.9 KB)
Re: Calibration cube not printcorrectly
January 09, 2015 03:39AM
Looks like PLA, so do you have a fan blowing in it as it prints? Pla needs to be cooled as it's printed or it just stays molten and gets all messed up.
If there is a fan, is it on during print?
January 09, 2015 09:01AM
Yes I have a fan with a ducked on it for channeling the air to the nozzle not sure when or if it is Switched on will check it later. Should it be switched on all the time whilst printing .

thanks
January 09, 2015 10:44AM
Some of these ducted fans are too targeted just on where you extrude.
You sometimes need airfow over the whole print.
Try a desktop fan blowing over the whole print and see if that helps.

Gordon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2015 10:45AM by gordonendersby.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login