Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folgertech Prusa i3 Z Endstop issues

Posted by cheaptrick2 
Folgertech Prusa i3 Z Endstop issues
January 03, 2015 10:38PM
Hello there! As you can tell by the title I am currently having issues with my folgertech Prusa i3 3d Printer. I have assembed everything and I am currently configuring the Marlin firmware. I have seemed to ran into an issue though, my Z endstop is not functioning as wanted. All of my other endstops work correctly, and they can be homed and be fine. The Z endstop however, does show the red LED lit up when triggered, however it does not respond in any way. Weather while the Z axis is moving up or down, when I trigger the endstop with my finger, it will not stop. The endstop is inverted correctly in my marlin, because it can move up and down. This seems like a strange case, because when I send a M119, It reports that the other endstops are triggered when I home them, and when i use my finger the trigger the Z endstop, and then send an M119, it also says my endstop is triggered. If it detect's my endstop as triggered, than why the heck does it not stop the Z rods from keeping the X axis coming down? If someone could help me, that would be fantastic. I have put my configuration.h file into a pastebin: [pastebin.com]

Thanks everyone, have a great day! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Re: Folgertech Prusa i3 Z Endstop issues
January 04, 2015 08:15AM
Don't see anything wrong in your config.h file. First, get a multimeter. Change the mode to 'Continuity tester', preferably with the buzzer/beeper on. You have to press the 'mode' button on my multimeter to turn on the buzzer. If your multimeter doesn't have it, you can just tape a lead of a LED to that of the opposite battery polarity. Disconnect the endstop from the board, then connect the leads to the multimeter or the LED and the battery. If when you press the endstop the multimeter is unresponsive or the LED does not turn on (providing that you've plugged it in correctly), your endstop's broken. If it works, then it's software-side, and you should make sure that the endstop is plugged in correctly and to the correct port (Z-Min, not Z-Max). You can find replacement endstops at Radioshack in the components drawers (at least in the one near my house).
Re: Folgertech Prusa i3 Z Endstop issues
January 04, 2015 11:29AM
Nevermind. Funny, I turned off my printer and disconnected my RAMPS Board, went to sleep, Woke up and turned it back on, and all of the endstops work! I also tested the switch like you said with my multimeter, and the switch works. Thanks anyways! I was able to print my first 3d Print.

Cheers! smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login