Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

auto bed leveling

Posted by Eqpirate07 
auto bed leveling
December 31, 2014 05:05PM
Hello everyone!

So I just finished putting together my auto bed leveling stuff for my prusa I3. I have the auto bed level setup where the zprobe swings down from a servo mounted to the extruder and then probes the bed in 4 corners. right now after attaching the servo plate to the extruder, the extruder sits about 2mm above the bed, whereas with the stock plate it was configured to put the extruder right down to the bed so that it can print. with the auto bed leveling enabled this new difference should be compensated for. It took me about three days working in my spare time trying to get everything set up and configured properly. today I finally homed my x, y, and then z axis, and preformed the G29 command to run the auto bed level, and it worked!!! I feel like everything is all in place now and ready to start printing. However, I am lost as to how to implement this feature into my prints! I usually put my gcodes from slicer onto a sd card and pop it into the lcd on my printer and fire away. Is this still possible with the auto bed leveling or do I still need to have pronterface open to make the changes for the bed being unlevel before a print? I added the home gcodes and G29 to my custom gcodes on slicer so that when I start a print it will home, then probe the bed. that all worked perfect but when it went to go start printing, the extruder was still about 2mm above the bed! I feel like it didn't even implement the new measurements for the bed after probing to auto level it.

Any help on what to do with all this would be great!

Thanks in advance,

-Jake
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login