Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

G32 unreproducible

Posted by MadScience 
G32 unreproducible
December 29, 2014 10:35PM
I have a newly built Ormerod 2
Everything went smoothly, even electronics and calibration. Printed the orthogonal test piece, made config.g adjustments, and second test piece was perfect right-angles.
But after that...

when auto-leveling, now the G32 command NEVER moves the x-axis all the way out to the correct position for the 3rd and 4th measurement around the square.
(it stops short, still over the kaplan tape, and then rams the hot end against the bed when it cannot read the height)
-manually moving the head with G31 command works perfect every time.

Oddly, after the last point (fails)
entering a manual G1 X0 command moves the head back to the origin, and then G1 X210 moves it to where it was supposed to be over the tape
(yet g32 macro has X210 in the settings but in the macro it fails to move the print head all the way out)

Is there somewhere it might be using a different x-home (effectively shifting the position) during the auto-leveling?

I'm open to any ideas and appreciate any help.
MadScience
Re: G32 unreproducible
December 30, 2014 12:07PM
Update, if it helps:

I had noticed that even though the last (fourth) point in the leveling settings was set to go to P3 X210 Y5, the position reading would X214mm (although the bed leveling report reported using it's measurements at X210mm). I also noticed it would ram-home the head when I manually sent it to X0 after the auto-level finished
(ie, it lost the correct X0 position)

I discovered it works fine if I take off the orthogonal M556 settings and set it all back to M556 S78 X0 Y0 Z0

So it appears the G32 positioning is not correlating with the orthogonal M556 settings?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login