Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extruder speed

Posted by Stalker 
Extruder speed
December 29, 2014 11:01AM
Hi guys i fixed my previous problem and another one showed up imidiatelly. I tried to print a test cube and as the print began everything was fine the bed heated up then the hotend heated up to 230°C (ABS fillament) and all the axis homed. But when the actual print began the extruder probably pushed the fillament in to quickly and the pressure pushed the metal part of hotend out of the plastic case. Question is how to reduce the extruder speed or avoid this problem other way ?
Re: Extruder speed
December 29, 2014 11:49AM
What kind of hotend were you using?

[www.bonkers.de]
[merlin-hotend.de]
[www.hackerspace-ffm.de]
December 29, 2014 04:31PM
J- head mk iv is the type of hot end i used. How ever i tried it again with different gcode and the hot end broke completely. So I'll try to make my own hotend body. But still I'd like to know go to change the extrusion speed
December 29, 2014 10:23PM
Have you calibrated the extruder?

December 29, 2014 11:57PM
Well it worked fine fór couple of tests and it extruded the exact length of filament as I asked it to in pronterface. So I thought no further calibration is required. What exactly has to be changed to make sure that it is properly calibrated? I've checked the e steps and they are correct
December 30, 2014 09:02AM
Stalker
it extruded the exact length of filament as I asked it to in pronterface.
It is the length going into the extruder not coming out of the hot end. what do you have set as steps in your firmware?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login