Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nozzle leaking from top beneath the curved washer.

Posted by owboateng 
Nozzle leaking from top beneath the curved washer.
December 22, 2014 11:36AM
Hi guys,

I have assembled and calibrated a 3DRAG but after the first two prints the nozzle started leaking a black substance from the
top region beneath the curved washer.
I tried to tighten the nozzle but I broke it and ordered a new one. The problem is the new one is still leaking and I cant print anything.
I have tried different temperatures from 160C to 225C but the PLA does not melt when the temperature is low and it leaks when the
temperature is high enough to melt the PLA. I have blue and white PLAs.

Please help.

Thanks.
Re: Nozzle leaking from top beneath the curved washer.
December 22, 2014 07:12PM
You will need to provide more information and best to show some photos of the problem.

What kind of hotend is it? What speed are you printing? What is the nozzle size? What is the layer height?........

I have owned 2 different printers but neither had a "curved washer" so I cannot relate to where that is. Most PLA should print at 190c to 200c with no problem. It's very important to determine what hotend you have as it sounds like that is the problem but there are so many different ones that it's impossible to determine without knowing which one.
December 22, 2014 09:27PM
it seems the problem of extruder with black PEEK. The quality is not good. I met this problem before.

Everything of 3D printer. www.3dminions.com
[www.facebook.com]
December 23, 2014 02:51AM
Hi guys,

Thanks you for your response.
I have attached two photos. The black substance on the nozzle are the leaked PLA.

Thanks.
Attachments:
open | download - 20141222_165307-compressed.jpg (591 KB)
open | download - 20141222_165311-compressed.jpg (593.8 KB)
December 24, 2014 06:00PM
I had this problem early on, but I solved it by adding a longer tfe inside. What was happening was the tfe tubing was sliding up as pressure built up in the nozzle. After awhile it would begin to ooze out between the peek and brass.
If this is not your problem try teflon tape on the brass fitting.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login