Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

retraction pushing too much filament on return?

Posted by tiimbo 
retraction pushing too much filament on return?
December 20, 2014 01:35AM
I've got a weird problem after rebuilding my prusa i3 tothe rework. seems that when i have retraction on, and it goes to start a new row on an object, it "accelerates" too much, and puts a small bubble or blob of filament at the beginning of the row.

if i turn off retraction, it doesnt seem to do it. i've changed my retraction settings as mentioned here as mentioned in the comments by triffid hunter, but they didnt seem to make a difference. now, it was much worse than the picture attached. i changed the extrusion multiplier down to .7, and the blobs are smaller than they were, but i think this is just covering up the issue.

i dont believe it's my e-steps, as i calibrated them according to the guides on reprap.org, and appears to be accurate. it prints the first few layers fine, then starts to mess up a little higher.

i've also set the bed to turn off (or down to 20c) after the first layer, as suggested by the print troubleshooting pictures guide on reprap. kinda at a loss, open to suggestions. i can post settings as requested.
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20141220_241444_546.jpg (196.3 KB)
Re: retraction pushing too much filament on return?
December 22, 2014 04:41PM
anyone?
Re: retraction pushing too much filament on return?
December 22, 2014 09:35PM
I think it is the problem of retraction settings or firmware settings.
Try
1. set again the Cura(I use cura to slice.) See the picture. I use a direct extruder.
2. Set firmware and make sure the EEPROM mode as 1 (in the configuration.h file)and you can change it.

Everything of 3D printer. www.3dminions.com
[www.facebook.com]
Attachments:
open | download - retrction.PNG (30.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login