Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possible RAMPS failure on my Prusa i3 Rework? confused smiley

Posted by rectagonic 
Possible RAMPS failure on my Prusa i3 Rework? confused smiley
December 10, 2014 05:50PM
Hey there RepRap, I'm new to 3D printing in general and after a lot of research, the RepRap Prusa i3 Rework seems to be the best choice for me. After some waiting, it finally came in the mail and spent about a couple of days putting it together (i'm not home a lot). The problem is, while the LEDs for the RAMPS 1.4 and Arduino Mega 2560 board works, my motors, extruder and heatbed cannot be controlled. I have absolutely no response from the motors whatsoever (no sound), I've made sure that my wiring is correct and my connections are intact. I now came to the conclusion that the RAMPS board in some way can be in some way non-functional. I'm currently using the Marlin firmware and have done every possible configuration setting to make sure that it is indeed not the software (changed multiple settings from configuration.h AND pin.h, testing without changing pin.h also). While I get good readouts from my Pronterface software (device responding, temperatures working normally, endstops are perfectly fine), none of the actual mechanics seem to be working. Attached is a file of my configuration.h file I'm currently using and pictures of my printer + board. I'm in dire help RepRap community!

TLgrinning smileyR - Possible that my RAMPS is faulty since only motors, extruder and heatbed can't be controlled?
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (34.6 KB)
open | download - IMG_0001.JPG (448.1 KB)
open | download - IMG_0002.JPG (548.9 KB)
open | download - IMG_0003.JPG (527 KB)
open | download - IMG_0004.JPG (542.6 KB)
open | download - IMG_0005.JPG (524.6 KB)
open | download - IMG_0006.JPG (484.4 KB)
Re: Possible RAMPS failure on my Prusa i3 Rework? confused smiley
December 11, 2014 01:07AM
Are you getting 12V to the RAMPS board?
Have you checked that the motor wires are correct on the 4-pin connectors?

Steve

My updated Instructable on our Prusa i3 Build
[www.instructables.com]
Re: Possible RAMPS failure on my Prusa i3 Rework? confused smiley
December 11, 2014 05:42AM
Cannot determine from those pictures how you have wired the 12v inputs?

December 11, 2014 04:52PM
Nevermind... Turns out that one of my connections to the board was lose..... Could've swore I had that in there tight! Thanks anyway guys!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login