Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Question for moderators

Posted by tmorris9 
Question for moderators
December 10, 2014 04:47PM
Would it be possible to get a sticky message in this forum telling people about the information they should include when asking why prints are bad. You know, printer, material, speed, nozzle, temperature(s), Print bed material, tests tried....? I notice people (myself included) having to ask these over and over to people asking for help with prints but they rarely give all the information needed to properly help.

I think some sort of sticky message at the top labeled something like "Read this before posting for help" or something like that.

Thanks.
Re: Question for moderators
December 10, 2014 07:12PM
Good idea.
Could i also add the question " what have you done so far to try and solve it".

Not been printing for very long myself but have noticed the same questions asked over and over again.
I get the impression that a lot of questions are knee jerk reactions and are posted before they have tried to think it through or reaserch it for themselves first.

Gordon
VDX
December 11, 2014 04:10AM
... making a sticky post is no problem ... only to handle them, if the amount of sticks gets overwhelming eye rolling smiley

Start a thread with the interesting posts, then I'll pin them on top ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
December 23, 2014 04:08PM
Don't forget a photo of the issue they are having.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login