Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any bowden extruders out there?

Posted by sungod3k 
Any bowden extruders out there?
December 07, 2014 11:53AM
If recently did some major upgrades on my frame, so now I some hidden issues are coming to light.

I had already invested in an E3D V6 and now Im also running a geared extruder, but there are still some persistent issues when it comes to .1mm layerheight and starting to wonder whether it is my bowden extruder whos causing them.
In general the hotend ends works with .2 layerheight at around 75mm/s.

The thing with the .1 layerheight is that the perimenters look totally underfed if I dont pump the layerwidth up to 400% which seems a bit much. I feels like under a certain feedrate the continuity of the extrusion gets worse. And of course the retraction could always be better but I guess thats to be expected in bowden systems. The learning curve on the V6 hotend was quite high, so Im still unsure where this feeling of too much resistance in the hotend is coming from.

Ive seen some impressive results on ultimakers and deltaprinters with bowden tubes of insane length and perfect retraction, so Im wondering what your "aha" moment was concerning bowden extruders? also any specific V6 on bowden printer commanders out here what where your experiences when implementing the V6?

Cheers
Re: Any bowden extruders out there?
December 08, 2014 04:25AM
If you use Skeinforge as Slicer 400% layerwidth with a layerheight of 0.1mm is normal. The standard-nozzle of the e3d is 0.4mm. And 400% of 0.1mm is 0.4mm.

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
Re: Any bowden extruders out there?
December 09, 2014 12:12AM
The width to height ratio is indeed something I totally forgot about. Thanks for reminding me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login