Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Very odd flowrate requirements (Repetier)

Posted by Zzyzxx71 
Very odd flowrate requirements (Repetier)
November 24, 2014 09:22PM
Currently using repetier - Extruder diameter is set for 1.75mm (using 1.75mm filament), extruder is calibrated (when I ask for 100mm, I get 100mm). Extrusion multiplier is set to 1. I'm using a greg wades extruder - current steps for E1 is set to 1510.

For whatever reason for me to get the best prints, my flowrate needs to be around 50, nowhere near 100.

Ideas on what the issue could be?
Re: Very odd flowrate requirements (Repetier)
November 24, 2014 11:15PM
What do you mean your extruder diameter is 1.75? Are you saying you have extrusion width set to 1.75? Just because you have 1.75mm filament?

The diameter of your filament has nothing whatsoever to do with your extrusion width. Your extrusion width is more determined by your layer height. although it is limited by your nozzle opening size too.

As an example, I have a 0.5mm nozzle. My layer height is set to 0.2 and my extrusion width I have set to 280% - which works out to be 0.56mm. By the way, I use 3mm filament, but 3mm versus 1.75mm filament will only change your calibrated E steps/mm - you will need fewer steps to extrude the same volume with 3mm filament.
November 25, 2014 12:51AM
Apologies - my filament is 1.75mm, and a .4mm nozzle. My default extrusion width is currently set to 0. I normally print at .3mm layer height.
November 25, 2014 07:30AM
Do you have 1/32 Stepper-Driver? With 1/16 and a 1,8° Motor your 1500 Steps/mm is too high. This should be around 600 to 700. Else you have other issues. (e.g. loosing steps, not enough torque...)

Triffid Hunter's Calibration Guide --> X <-- Drill for new Monitor Most important Gcode.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login