Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extruder wont heat up :'(

Posted by Paarthurnax 
extruder wont heat up :'(
November 18, 2014 02:29PM
Hey, evething was fine untill tonight. But when i came home from work and when i tried to print some stuff, my extruder didnt heat up. But everything seems OK. cables are OK, the led on RAMPS are OK. Between motors are working stoppers are working, the problem is just extruder wont heats up T_T so can anyone help me ? or anyone have idea about that ?
Re: extruder wont heat up :'(
November 18, 2014 02:55PM
Say bye bye to the old heater cartridge and put a new one..... That simple. (Nothing last forever)
November 18, 2014 03:44PM
But the thing that i cannot understand is the cartridge got broken when im work ? this is sad T_T
November 21, 2014 12:29AM
Have you checked the heater with a meter?

November 21, 2014 12:34AM
I would check that your getting the correct voltage at the hotend when it's trying to heat. If you're getting voltage then you need to replace the heater resistor. If you're not getting voltage then check the voltage coming out of your ramps or whatever electronics. If you're getting voltage there, then your wiring is bad. If you're not getting voltage out of your electronics then perhaps the mosfet is bad.

Anita
3dbotshack.com
November 21, 2014 09:55AM
As to everything that works with electricity, the start is when things can go wrong, is when most of the amperage is consumed and when things died. It didn't died when you where at work, it died the minute that you tried to use it.

But like avdwege2003 said, check everything to find out who really failed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login