Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Elongated prints

Posted by ekul3e3 
Elongated prints
November 15, 2014 11:09PM
ok, i just got my i3 working and now it seems that whenever i make an attempt at printing something it works fine for a bit and then the y-axis "acts up" and attempts the print the next layer in another random position. here is a pic of a lego brick i tried to print...
(here)
(here)
Re: Elongated prints
November 16, 2014 12:03AM
what calibration have you done to the printer?

Steve

My updated Instructable on our Prusa i3 Build
[www.instructables.com]
November 16, 2014 02:50AM
I can't see the pics because there are too many connections to the server, but if the effects are random, suspect either loose belts, or dropping steps because of an improperly set stepper driver. Miscalibration effects are usually consistently off
November 16, 2014 10:07AM
the only calibrtion i have done is follow this site
November 16, 2014 05:46PM
i tightened the y-axis and nothing changed
November 17, 2014 12:59AM
Have you tried adjusting the stepper pot? The stepper maybe overheating causing missed steps

Steve

My updated Instructable on our Prusa i3 Build
[www.instructables.com]
November 18, 2014 09:53PM
Ok, i tried an experiment, i switched the x and y axis and then the "wandering" switched to the x-axis. So that means that it could have to do with the stepper pots (thanks SteveRoy) or the firmware. I would adjust the stepper pots but the problem is that it doesn't seem like anything is wrong until i actually start a print and then it just kind of lose's its position.
November 18, 2014 10:05PM
ekul3e3
... it doesn't seem like anything is wrong until i actually start a print ...

Many times, that's what you would see if your stepper drivers are not adjusted properly. You are not stressing the printer enough with your manual moves, but when you start sending a stream of commands with changes in direction and acceleration, your problems will surface.
November 19, 2014 09:39AM
you guys were right thanks!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login