Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hotend stucks in a screw on the bed

Posted by totosse 
hotend stucks in a screw on the bed
November 10, 2014 06:57PM
Hello.
I just started 3d printing and faced this issue.
I used slic3r+pronterface sowtware and when i press print int pronterface it makes printer to home all axes. It sets the posotion of extruder to 0.0.0 which is screw on the hotbed.
Can you please tell me how can i avoid it. I have already removed "home all axes" from slic3r g-code settings
Re: hotend stucks in a screw on the bed
November 10, 2014 08:43PM
Sorry to say, but you need to home your axis so your printer knows where it is located in the physical world, you can establish your homing location in marlin and even set some safe homing position for Z but at the end you need to home all your axis.

Now usually the bolt you are talking about gets "covered" with a glass sheet (where you print).

But here is how to fix it easily:

On your start g code, before G28, do a G1 Z5 F1200, that will raise your z axis to prevent it from hitting the bolt, instead of G28 only, do a G28 X0 Y0, then move again your axis after the G28 and then do a G28 Z0.

If that's to complicated, raise your Z as before do a G28 but set a safe Z homing position in marlin.

Homing is required but you can tell the printer where to do it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2014 08:44PM by ggherbaz.
Re: hotend stucks in a screw on the bed
November 11, 2014 06:59AM
Thank you.
My Z safe position is set up ok. Just had a problem after homing Z axes hotend gets stuck. But i change now g-codes manually to prevent it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login