Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to solve these issues?

Posted by Capinho 
How to solve these issues?
November 09, 2014 06:36AM
Hello everyone. Finally, I am able to get some decent prints, but far away from satisfying ones. If anyone helped me with these issues, I would be grateful.

1. Some Z axis artifact, I dont know, what this could be. It looks like over extruding, or skipped layer.
[postimg.org]

2. Prints have slightly wider bottom. Is it for printing bed being too close to the nozzle in the begining? Also, vertical artifacts visible here, some say it might be belts over smooth idler, some say it is steppers turning, some say it is due acceleration.
[postimg.org]

3. Top solid infill is not smooth, it has stiches. Tried to adjust many settings, still not happy with the results.
[postimg.org]

I am printing 0.4mm nozzle, 0.195 layer height, 125% first layer, 30-50 mm/s speed, 500 mm/s2 acceleration. PLA 200 degrees, hotbed 55 degrees.

Thank you
Re: How to solve these issues?
November 09, 2014 11:52AM
1. Looks like a dropped step in Z layer change.
2. Is most likely from your heated bed, turn it off for PLA and print on painters tape.
3. That looks like what ever slicer you are using is not set to the correct extrusion width for your nozzle. Slic3r? Set Print Settings>Advenced>Default extrusion width manually to 0.4.mm. Slic3r is not completely correct in auto extrusion width calculations.
November 09, 2014 03:13PM
Thanks for your reply.

My prints won't stick to painters tape without heatbed. And the photos you see, are with 0.4mm extrusion width. Any other ideas?
November 09, 2014 10:18PM
For number 2, you might try dropping your temp a bit after the first layer - I know slic3r supports this. For PLA, I typically print the first layer at 60, but the second and subsequent at 55. That made a difference for me. You could try lower, but if you get below 40 or so, I find that the print starts to detach.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login