Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PLA Lifting when closing top of hole

Posted by tmorris9 
PLA Lifting when closing top of hole
November 09, 2014 02:48AM
So I don't print PLA very often but I plan on doing it more. I printed a box with 3mm thick walls and the walls had some holes in them. When it got to the top of the holes the PLA pointed upward and the nozzle would run into it a little on each pass literally pushing the print bed down a little on it's springs.

My printer is a TAZ 4 and has a fan for PLA and it was on 100%. Printing was .35mm nozzle 190c heated bed 60c

So what causes the PLA to curl upwards like this?

Thanks

EDIT:

Just noticed that at the top of each hole there is also a streak in that layer all the way around the box as if it made it skip to a layer higher from bumping into the part.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2014 03:05AM by tmorris9.
Re: PLA Lifting when closing top of hole
November 09, 2014 06:18PM
It will sound contradictory but turn off your fan or increase temperature by 15~20 degrees. Your previous layer is cooling too fast and curls up, this thing shows more on thin walls like the one you are printing. Now the other question is: are you printing it with or without support? Without support air will flow easier and cool it even faster, the support helps keep temperature in the edges where it curls.
Re: PLA Lifting when closing top of hole
November 09, 2014 06:43PM
No support. I normally print ABS and I never use support for holes. I'll try turning the fan down a bit and then try a little more heat.

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login